I just finished a couple of books that I've had here for a bit.
THE LIAR'S CLUB
Mary Karr is a fantastic writer. The book is all about her screwed up childhood and is very similar to THE GLASS CASTLE, which is another amazing book that I'd recommend. If you want to feel even more grateful for your own upbringing then read this book. It's a goodie.
I'd give it a 8.8/10. I kept looking forward to reading it each night.
THE KITE RUNNER
This was a good book, though similar to the aforementioned books, it got a little creepier than I had expected. It was a interesting read though I wasn't as hooked on reading this as I had been for THE LIAR'S CLUB.
I'd give it a 6.9/10. If you're into reading about how a young boy's life was like, growing up in the Middle East 30 years ago, then you'd probably enjoy this book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
OHMYGOSH!! You need to read "Peter and the Starcatchers"! It's a "young adults" book, but I figure that anyone with the a speck of Charlie Reilly blood counts as one of those. Heck, I gave one to my dad and my sister-in-law, I thought it was so good! It's all about how Peter Pan became Peter Pan! AWESOME! Gets a 9.75 out of 10!!
Now I'm off to request from the library the books that you suggested!
ok--i'm commenting on the previous post. :) i love that you salsa dance--it looks like so much fun! aside from the obvious awesome dancing in this video, my other favorite part is the random guy in the corner boxing!
Post a Comment