Commonly asked questions.

|
Since working in Lingerie for the past three months I've acquired an absurd amount of ridiculous stories...This post might be a bit awkward though I figured that the women I know might be interesting in reading so this is your warning. Yay!

Things I heard at least once a day or so:
-"Oprah told me to come here and get fitted." (Really, Oprah, personally, sent you here? Really?)
-"Do you have the Oprah Bra?" (AKA the "Tisha" bra by Le Mystere which is actually one of my favorite bras that we carry though it is one of the most difficult ones to fit- and no, Oprah does not make this bra nor is it named after her...she just said that she likes it once)
-"Do you have Spanx?"
-"Do you have any Wacoal bras?" (Which is almost always mispronounced as "war-coal" or "way-coal"...correct pronunciation "wahh-coal")
-"Do you have any bridal lingerie?" (And no, sadly, we don't.)

Weirder items:
-"Do you have any bras with an underwire." (Well yes, that is generally what makes up a bra.)
-"But you're so young!" (Which is a completely ageist statement and something I did not appreciate.)
-Lesley: "Can I help you find anything?"
Lady: "Well you probably don't have anything in my size...I'm a 38 C"
Lesley: "Err..."
(This size is very common and we carry one of the largest selection of sizes out of any store)
-"I'm looking for a 34D bra..." (while homegirl had two beach balls on her chest and was actually pushing a 34G. Errr.)

And a quick rundown of my favorites:

Comfy: Natori's Memory Foam
For umm, "more mature tissue?": Wacoal's Arabesque
Everyday: Le Mystere's "Lace Tisha"
Undies: Hanky Panky. They're amazing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it, but the term "mature tissue" totally makes me gag.

PFiles said...

I just barfed on my keyboard. You owe me one keyboard.

Anonymous said...

It doesn't make you gag if it's YOURS!!!! Got such a laugh....you should write a book! luv, kay

Anonymous said...

It doesn't make you gag if it's YOUR mature tissue! Loved it!
You make me laugh.....kay

Followers