CURRENTLY:
-I'm interning with the Cleveland Indians. It's gotten a lot better since the beginning, where I felt an initial shock of, "Seriously?!...All I'm doing is selling t-shirts??" Now, I see my job more as a place to work with and meet a lot of new people. There are a lot of interns there, predominantly girls from Kent. Things are going pretty good.
-I got an internship with REVIVE in Cleveland. It's a fair trade boutique that sells a lot of cute/slightly granola/hippie chick clothing and accessories. It's the only completely fair trade store in Ohio, as far as I know. Training starts in late May. This will be unpaid but it should prove to be a very big learning experience.
-I found a Cleveland roommate...on craigslist. Ha! She seems nice and the location is perfect. She's about 45, works with campus ministry, and has a dog. I'll have my own bedroom and share the rest of the apartment with her...and the dog, of course. Haha. She lives about 6 minutes from Remo and about 15 from Progressive Field (the ballpark)...and about 10 or so from REVIVE. Perfect.
-Remo just got back from Italy. He had a good time and presented his paper. He got to go out to dinner with some people he met there and took lots of food pictures for me, Yay! Haha. He's back now and I've been planning to cook him a dinner of steamed artichokes (These are like the biggest I've ever seem...I'm kind of intimidated...) "Kraft Dinner," and spam like I used to have when I was little (with brown sugar and a little bit of cinnamon). Delicious, right? And I'm going to attempt to make Thai iced tea. Mmmmmm. We shall see how that goes. :)
-Speaking of Remo: things are going very well. I missed him while he was gone though it was quite fun to write each other emails. :) He has his American Citizenship Ceremony tomorrow morning. He's very excited about the whole thing...and I'm excited too, because I get to wear this cute dress that I never have the chance to wear. Hehehe.
BITS AND PIECES:
-I am not going to be doing the Atlanta internship. The cost of doing it would be much to high, especially since it would be an unpaid internship. I would, however, love to work (while getting paid) for them in the future.
-My Kent roommate Catherine moved out on Tuesday. She's not so much the sentimental type so it wasn't too sad. Everything in the apartment(except for my room, naturally) is spotless so I'm going to try my best to keep everything really clean until I move out. And umm...I had no cable or Internet. I've already read one whole book. I'm so very proud of myself. Hahah
-I'm moving out of my Kent apartment May 31st. Mary, my new Cleveland roommate said that I could move my stuff up whenever...so that'd what I'll be doing later on in May.
FUTURE STUFF:
-My old roommates, Holly and Claire, will both be coming to Kent May 24th so we've planned to go out then and relive old times. Awhh, how precious.
-My 23rd birthday is quickly approaching...and I'm feeling a little old. Well, I'm really only feel old when some of my coworkers at the ballpark, who happen to be in high school, tell me that they have a crush of either Zac Effron or Miley Cyrus. Seriously?
SINGING PRAISES(!):
-I'l be able to go to Lake Placid this summer...and Remo has been invited too, so hopefully he can make it as well.
-I finished my HUGE paper/project for my Senior Fashion Merchandising Seminar class...it ended up being 84 pages. Whattttttt?
-I'M DONE WITH ALL OF MY SCHOOL CLASSES! (I only need the internship credits to graduate in August! :)) YAYYY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
aww lesley! sounds like everything's falling into place for you! yay! :) congrats on finishing all your college classes!!
You crack me up with your comments.. I'm so glad you've got the internship thang settled! So proud of my GWEABAB!!!! Love, kay
I'm so proud of you! Yet, at the same time, I kind of want to smack you upside the head for saying you feel OLD...at almost 23, for crying out loud! Wait until you hit 33, going on 34! :)
YAH!! for being done school classes!
Congrats!
ah lesley!!! i love your life :) im so excited for all the wonderful things happening for you. and i miss you so much. i can't wait for summer so i can come visit you. :)
Hooray for being done all your classes! It sounds like a great summer intern and then you are done!
Happy moving.
Post a Comment