Church-Week Two "It's Texas, Baby!"

|
The Village Church- Flower Mound, TX


Shockingly, it was nothing like Shyamalan's 'The Village,' movie. The church was huge and quite awesome. The pastor, Matt Chandler is an incredible guy and delivered one of the funniest and most jam-packed sermons I'd ever heard. Memorable quotes:

"We're not all about singing romantic love songs to God. We're not singing, "I love you, Jesus, and want to sit in your lap and stroke your beard," type of songs."

And on a more serious note:
"The commands of God shouldn't be burdensome to us."

Also, he called himself "sassy," during the sermon....hilarious.

The Village Church, you get two thumbs up from me.

3 comments:

Katie Goo :) said...

oh my gosh i want to go there!! that sounds awesome

Anonymous said...

Is this where Karin and Ryan go???Or just you??? I'm confused.
But I love you! kay

Lesley said...

Ryan and Karin go to another church, First Baptist Frisco.

Love you too, Auntie Kay.

Followers