Update on fate...Lesley is a Clevelander.

|
I'm not sure how updated everyone is on my life but here is a general review:

-Revive: I've been helping to assist the owner of the store (a small clothing/home goods/gifts boutique that features only sweatshop-free clothing (a.k.a. "Fair Trade"))

Typical workday (@ Lisa's home office):
-Come in around 11am.
-Make coffee, Lisa reviews the work I've done and then we talk about all of the projects I am to work on for the day.
-Work at shiny, pretty Mac computer, while listening to NPR (Which I have come to really enjoy).
-My latest project has been putting together spreadsheets to help determine what to buy for the upcoming seasons.
-I work until I'm hungry then I go downstairs to the kitchen, take out the lunch box I brought from home and enjoy some leftover pizza from Pizza BoGo(The "Bombay" pizza is the best pizza I have ever had...and on Tuesdays a large (with as many toppings as you want) is FIVE DOLLARS!>!>!)
-Finish lunch, maybe read a couple of pages from "Tuesdays with Morrie," which is proving to be a very good, insightful read, and then get back to work.
-Maybe research some trends, or find some keywords that could be used in future product descriptions of Revive's website.
-Around 5pm Lisa and I will discuss what all I've done that day and any future plans. I drive 10 minutes back to my place in Little Italy, call Remo, and one of us will usually make dinner or we'll go get something and watch a movie or go for a walk. How lovely.

If this job was paid, this would probably be one of my dream jobs. I find all of the work very interesting and am very happy to have this experience. If I'm not at Lisa's then I'm helping around the store. I've already helped to design and execute a window display as well as handing out flyers at a local parade. All pretty exciting stuff.

-Indians: The internship with the Indians has been a very different experience. I basically sell t-shirts at the 3rd largest clothing stand/shop at the ball park. The people I work with have all been very fun and it's interesting to think about the very different customer base that the Indians have, especially compared to Nordstrom or Revive.

-Living in Cleveland has been great. I really like were my apartment is, very cute area! Cleveland also has a lot of things to do. To help explore everything, Mammy gave me a Cleveland Entertainment coupon book for my birthday. I've already gone to the batting cages, played putt-putt, eaten Baskin-Robins, Burger King, and Hibachi---all at a discount! Haha


So...there you go. Stalk me on facebook if you want to see some pictures. :)

4 comments:

Karate Mom said...

NPR is BAAAAD! Boo! Hiss!
(But, of course, I'm an evil conservative Glenn Beck fan, so that pretty much says it all!)

Sounds like you're having fun! I'll stalk you on FB and look at more pics!

Lesley said...

I've heard someone else say that but really, I haven't noticed any real bias. Interesting....

Karin said...

Love the update. I checked out the Revive website...when will you add modeling the clothes to your job description? :)

Katie Goo :) said...

i love you!! i can't wait for our double date :)

Followers