Thank you to everyone that has been praying for me. I really appreciate it and I'm really looking for direction as to where I'm supposed to go. "Everything turns out okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end," right?
Natori:
I think the phone interview went alright. It's always hard to tell and it lasted all of 13 minutes anyways. I should know by the end of the month. I'm pretty sure this is an unpaid position that will take place in New York City.
America's Mart:
Based in Atlanta, this internship would also be unpaid, errand running work much like the Natori position. I'm going to call to set up an interview tomorrow. Hopefully they can do one over the phone, and if not then I suppose it is not meant to be.
Nordstrom:
I'm going in tomorrow to pick up my pay check and to see about a possible internship. This one would be paid and would mostly focus on manager training. I, however, am not currently focusing on becoming a department manager. I could do this internship in Columbus or really anywhere that has a Nordstrom.
Ok. So now you know pretty much what I know. All prayers are warmly welcomed :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hello!
I've worked for Nordy's for 8 years as dept manager. I hope this info helps.
The internship for Nordstrom would allow you to follow different departments in a 2 or 3 month period. You would be based in a single department as your home dept. Then you would essentially be working with different dept heads: the store manager, dept manager, visual, the SIM office, buyers, HR, Event Planning and so forth. Along with the other interns, you would meet with the store manager for leadership training and you also give recaps of the different projects you're assigned by the different dept heads. Yes it is paid. It's a great learning experience. I've known lots of people who have gone onto leadership positions either front of house or in the support area from being an intern. Good luck in whatever you do.
prayers. you got it, dude.
Post a Comment